Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nothing is coming up Caley this week

You know those weeks where it seems like a little black rain cloud is following you around? Generally nothing horrible really happens, just nothing seems to go your way? Well I am having one of those weeks and it just doesn't seem to end!!

I am in the middle of having a root canal done and have two appointments left. This week I had to sit through having a mold made of my tooth so they can make the crown to put on it. After the procedure I paid what I thought was the $160 the dental hygienist had quoted me. Turns out one of the problems with going to a Korean dentist is the language barrier, who knew? I ended up having to pay $600 and am left with a temporary crown for two weeks which means only eating on one side of my mouth.

After returning to work, I went to my next class where one of my kindergarteners asked me if I was having a baby, while I would normally not care that a 5 year old commented on the pudge I have, this time it seemed to cut like a knife.

I went to the gym after work yesterday and then went to my usual street vendor to buy some apples. The lady is really nice and is always giving me delicious oranges for free with my apples. This time she gave me my apples and then she handed me two ROTTEN tomatoes!!! It's almost like she could tell I was having a bad day and wanted to stick it to me!!

So I came home and went to visit my friend Nate and have what we like to call "complain fests". We both rant about work and life in general just to get it off our chests and then move on. So all was good and I was prepared for another day today.

I had to venture to the bank today to send some money back home. On my way I realized I had forgotten my passport. So I had to run home and grab it quick. On my way in the building I heard this weird banging but didn't think anything of it. As I was leaving my apartment I heard it again and looked over towards the windows in the hallway. And guess what, to my dismay, a giant bird was stuck in our building and banging against the window trying to get out. Now for those of you who know me, you know that I have a phobia of birds. Well, the word phobia is a bit of an understatement. I am absolutely terrified and will run away crying and push anyone, (including the elderly and small children) out of my way to do so. So here I was frozen in the hallway of my apartment trying to figure out what to do. Since the bird was blocking my stairwell, I had two choices: go back into my apartment and skip the rest of the day at work(likely getting me fired) or suck it up and run!! Obviously, (to your amazement Mom!) I took the latter. I ran out of the building so quick you would have thought it was burning down!!!

Of all things to happen to me during one of those shitty weeks, of course I would have to come face to face with my nemesis!

So after spending the rest of the work day worrying about how I was going to come home and if I would have to have another face-off with the bird, I convinced my co-worker Desiree to come home with me and do an inspection before I went upstairs! Thank goodness for friends! She checked every floor and shut the windows in the hallway to hopefully avoid this kind of incident from occurring again! Now I am safely locked in my apartment contemplating becoming an agoraphobic!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the sad face will work for me? well, maybe for Dad. I'm glad you decided to brave the wild thing and get back to work!

    ReplyDelete