Saturday, December 4, 2010

Working up the courage

This weekend I am having a rather relaxing weekend. Mainly because next week is pay day so I am low on funds, but also because I need some rest. This morning I woke up and skyped with a friend of mine from home. Afterwards I went to the gym before meeting some new friends for coffee.

Now I have been going to the gym frequently for almost two months now and I have yet to shower there. I generally work out and then come home and shower. If you have ever been in a Korean gym, you will know that it is a little different than most North American gyms. Koreans are very open and have no problem walking around naked. Now, let me state that I am not one of those people who gets changed in the bathroom stall. I am totally okay with getting changed in front of other people, I just am not okay with sitting around and having heart to heart chats with my friends, and then doing my hair and makeup, while being completely naked. Needless to say, I find the gym locker room slightly intimidating. I think I need to add that the towels that are used in Korea are the size of hand towels, so there is no walking around with your towel covering you, it's bare it all, or go home. Today, however, I decided that I was going to suck it up and just do it. I spent the entire hour and a half that I was working out, pumping myself up and telling myself that it was no problem. I could easily take a shower in front of other women. So there I was, after my workout, in the locker room, contemplating my decision. It was now or never....and I chickened out. I just couldn't do it. So there gym shower remains a mystery to me! I will do it, soon...-ish....atleast once before I leave Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment