Sunday, April 6, 2014

Whole 30 Day 6

Since I spent the bulk of my trip in the states eating everything in sight, when I arrived home my jeans were a bit tighter and my face a bit rounder. So I decided to embark on my second round of the Whole 30 program. http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

It's 30 days of pretty strict Paleo. No grains, no dairy, no added sugar. I've done the Whole 30 strictly once before and I try to eat pretty close to it most of the time (except while on vacation, obviously). The first couple days are always pretty easy for me. My body loves the fresh feeling it gets from eating clean, but after the first few days the cravings start. Specifically I have a mad sugar addiction, it is going to be worse this time I think because of how much sugar and junk I consumed in America. (Damn you Reeses Pieces!)

The lovely folks at Whole 30 came up with a timeline of how your body generally reacts to cutting everything out. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/  Being unemployed  and stuck at home most days makes this endeavour a bit harder. When cravings hit all I want to do is eat! Luckily my parents eat relatively healthy so there are not too many options in their house to slip up with, although I know there is ice cream in the freezer! Must avoid ice cream, must avoid ice cream.



I'm going to try to write my meals down to keep track and keep myself in line. 

Today's breakfast(note I know smoothies are generally frowned upon during the whole30, this one is technically okay, but I mostly had it because I didn't feel like cooking)

Smoothie: 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mango, 1 cup almond milk, cinnamon, ginger, organic brown rice protein powder
Small apple cut up
6 almonds, 6 cashews
Cup of chai tea

Lunch: 1/2 avocado mixed with can of white tuna in water, 
4 cherry tomatoes
8 almonds
1/2 banana

Snack: Cashew Larabar

Dinner: Spaghetti squash topped with homemade tomato sauce & extra lean ground beef

Meals are typically not a hard part for me, I normally eat very healthy meals, it's snacking that gets me. Especially at night, I find I crave sugar so much! Hopefully this 30 days without it will help! 

Even though there is still tons of snow on the ground I haven't biked in months so I got my mountain bike out today, tuned her up and went for a 30 minute spin. It was crazy windy which made it a pretty good, heart pumping workout! Can't wait to be able to bike again everyday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment