Thursday, January 27, 2011

Korean Hot Yoga!

Tonight I decided to join a coworker of mine at her Hot Yoga class. I have been getting bored with my at home workouts and since it's pretty cold here I figured why the hell not! I have never tried Hot Yoga before and was a little nervous. But after work I sucked it up and went. I knew I would be confused what with the language barrier and all, but I figured I am semi on the fit side so I could probably figure it out. 

Upon entering the yoga studio, the staff greeted us in both Korean and English. Saying hello was pretty much the extent of their English skills, but I appreciated the gesture. It was a nice little establishment that wasn't intimidating at all. We got changed and then entered into the sauna they call a studio. It was hotter than I was prepared for. The workout itself was challenging and I sweat more than I have since my last 3 hours boxing session!!! I was very impressed!! 

After the hour long class, I had to finally come face to face with the biggest fear I have had here in Korea, (no Mom, not birds!).....the Korean locker room shower!!!! But I finally did it!!! I mustered up the courage, and with no shower curtain to hide me, I took an after yoga shower!! Now obviously this locker room was not as crazy busy as a larger one at a gym would be! But still I am very proud of myself for finally working up the courage to be naked!!! Hooray me! 

Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the yoga class and will definitely be going back for me! Here's to a slimmer, more centered me!

1 comment:

  1. I was doing yoga this morning before I went to the hospital. I'm not sure if I'd like the hot yoga. Sounds like a good workout.

    ReplyDelete