Sunday, February 6, 2011

A monumental day!

Due to my poor money managing skills, this past weekend has been rather uneventful. Aside from a few outdoor runs and a trip to the grocery store, I have spent the bulk of my time reading and catching some movies. Today, however, was a big day in my life....I began Tweeting. Now, as a late 20-something lady, I have attempted to avoid the social phenomenon that is Twitter. I mean do people really need to know my every thought every second of the day. I update my Facebook status frequently so shouldn't that be enough? A good friend of mine works on Parliament Hill in Ottawa and has opened my eyes to the magic of Twitter. From further analysis I have discovered that it is an amazing tool! Since I have a marketing degree, and will someday likely pursue some kind of job in that field, I figured it was time for me to get on the Tweeting band wagon. It is quite a useful tool for keeping up to the minute on the worlds happenings thats for sure! The only problem I foresee is that it is obviously more beneficial to those who are tweeting via cell phone. As it happens tweets are far more interesting than a past tense tweet! As a foreigner here in Korea, I have the misfortune of not being able to have any kind of smartphone. I am stuck with a phone that is only good for talk and text. So for now, I will be tweeting via my trusty old HP notebook until I am back in Canada and hooked back up to my (oh so missed!!!) Blackberry!

Another week of work begins tomorrow! Happy tweeting all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment