Friday, January 29, 2010

Decided I want to climb mountains...

So tonight after a long day of waiting tables, I hit the gym with my friend Sarah for some working out and spinning. It was a solid workout however I am quite sore from boxing last night so it was a rather tough one.

Afterward I went to the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour here in Fredericton. It was pretty amazing! Being that I am kind of sheltered in my life and only this past June, travelled across this great country of ours for the first time, I was amazed at some of the videos. Since my cross Canada roadtrip last summer I have been itching to get away and experience everything else that is out there in the world. There was one video entitled "Take a Seat" about a guy from Britain who decided he would bicycle the entire length of the Americas. Starting in Alaska and ending, well I cant remember the name of the place in South America. He did it all on a tandem bike and picked up over 200 people along the way to help him through the journey. AMAZING!! While I am not sure I would have the courage or endurance to tackle a two year long journey like that, I definitely think that I need to get out of my comfort zone and experience all that life has!

On that note, after watching some crazy people do lots of crazy things, I realized that I am still young and fit and can accomplish alot, so I want to try new things. First on my list, rock climbing. I have a few friends that climb at the university climbing wall, so I want to head over there sometime soon and check out what I am missing!!

Well I am high on life right now and must drag myself to bed, work calls early in the morning again! Dreams of climbing, snowboarding and wing suits will likely be had!

Cheers!

1 comment: