Monday, August 23, 2010

The first leg of my journey!

I started today by waking up at 3am not able to sleep. After tossing and turning until 4am, it was finally time for me to get up and say good-bye to Fredericton, my home for the past three years. After a tearful goodbye to my family,(although I expected to cry more, but I think because it was so early I was incapable of tears) I boarded my first flight to Montreal. I basically slept the entire way! The next leg of the journey included a 5 hour flight to Vancouver, during which I was sandwiched between two men who I am sure did not shift at all during the flight, except for the countless times I needed to pee!! Finally, after waiting an extra hour in Vancouver, I was aboard my last flight to Seattle. It was only a 30 minute flight but it was a good one! Mountains and water everywhere!!

So here I was, finally in Seattle. I met up with Chang one of the employees who was picking me up, he also had two others teachers ready and waiting. We all jumped into the van and off to our hotel we went. The drive from the airport was pretty nice, about 40 minutes. My hotel is in a place called Kirkland, just adjacent to Belleview. I have yet to see much of this area but what I have seen is pretty nice! Trees everywhere! It is by far the most wooded metropolitan area I have ever seen.

Even though I had been travelling all day and could have easily gone straight to bed, I decided to go explore and find a place to eat. I found a nice little Italian restaurant with great service! Since it was only 4pm local time I was the only one there so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I sat on the patio and enjoyed my first solo meal of this solo journey!!

After supper I decided to walk around the area I'm in and see whats around. Not much; basically car dealerships and 7-elevens. But it is oddly still all surrounded by tons and tons of trees so it still looks pretty nice! I think if I have some free time tomorrow, I will venture into Seattle and do some sightseeing, the bus apparently takes about 40 minutes to get downtown so it's too much to do tonight.

Tomorrow we meet at 8:30am and then travel to the R&D building of our headquarters to have our training session! Should be fun!!

More to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You give such a nice description. It sounds pretty there.

    ReplyDelete