Thursday, February 7, 2013

Daily Tasks

I've been reading a lot about simplifying your life and how relax. I've been experimenting and I've found that if I make a list of tasks I need to complete, it becomes much easier to relax and sleep at night once I have done all of them.

Here is a list of things I am doing before going to bed:
-wash all dishes
-hang up clothes
-prepare breakfast/lunch(chop veggies, etc.)
-tidy up
-prepare running clothes for am.

Once these things are done I can begin to relax and get ready for bed.
-meditate
-floss & brush teeth
-read


This routine has been working well the past few nights! So now I am working on things during the day as well. I've been trying to drink more water at work so I made a little chart and each time I drink one bottle(800ml) I mark it down. So far the most for one day has been 3. I'm also starting a new flossing and brushing routine. In Korea, everyone brushes their teeth immediately after they eat, they all have tooth brushes at school, even the kids do it. So I have brought my brush today and will attempt to do this everyday as well. Not only will it be good for my teeth, but I think it will curb some desire to snack on junk after lunch as well!

I like making changes! Now if only I could get my lazy butt up and out the door to run on cold mornings!

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good! Sometimes when I can't sleep all I need to do is turn the light on make a list of things for the next day and then I can let it go. But it would stress me not to have my lunch made

    ReplyDelete