Sunday, February 3, 2013

Monday morning and feeling fine!

Today is the first morning I've had in a long time where I feel great! This weekend I had a colonoscopy& endoscopy, which came back clear, but left me feeling less than ideal for all of Saturday and part of Sunday. It was kind of depressing to go through that whole process only to be told there is, yet again, nothing wrong with me and it must be IBS. I have found in the past that my IBS becomes easier to manage when I consume adequate amounts of carbs(bread, pasta, rice). The downside to this is that it adds a lot of extra calories. My food journal is helpful so that I don't eat too much, but it will hopefully also help me to pin point trigger foods.

I haven't been exercising much but I'm hoping this week I can ease back into it. I am going to try out a Korean Spin class tomorrow night!

In addition to carefully watching my food intake, I've decided to try this app called Headspace. It's a meditation app. They have a program that you can do for 10 days and only 10 minutes a day. Stress has a lot to do with IBS and I know I am often stressed and have a hard time relaxing. I started the 10 day program last night and I think it really helped.

My boyfriend, Ben, was awesome on Saturday and came to meet me after my procedure, he then graciously cooked dinner for me(amazing as always!) and hung out on the couch with me watching movies while I recovered.

Sunday I still didn't feel great so I opted out of the hash, but instead hung out with my friend Ally. We went to meet a few of my friends at the local foreigner bar and had a little girls afternoon. It was very low key but really great to relax with some friends. I cooked when I got home so my lunch would be ready for today, quinoa millet salad with salmon and avocado! Delicious!


1 comment:

  1. It's frustrating, but I'm glad nothing serious was found. It's great that you're trying the meditation!
    I must try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete