Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another great day!

Today I had an amazing day at work! I have this grade one class that has 8 rowdy boys in it who do not settle down. It normally takes me about 15 minutes to start class and then I rarely get through all the material I am supposed to. Last week the highest mark on their vocabulary tests was 3/10. I don't know what happened today but they finally settled down, they had actually completed their homework and one of them got 10/10 on their vocab test! I was so happy! i was beginning to get discouraged because I felt like I wasn't getting through to them but now that I see some progress I am much happier. I know everyday with them will not be this perfect but it is a start atleast!!

Tonight I went out training again with my friend Nate. The hill we go to is pretty intense, last time I made it up six times so tonight I aimed for eight and did not fail!! I can't wait to get my fitness level back up to where it was a month ago, and hill training is definitely the way to do it!! I am going to go out again with him tomorrow night.

I sat outside of our building after our ride for a "stoop beer" and relaxed a little. It was nice to just sit by myself and think for awhile. Life is good here and I am very excited for things to come! New friends and new adventures!!! I couldn't ask for more!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've never heard you sound so happy. The boys, I'm sure will continue to challenge you. Are there games you can use to help with the vocabulary?

    ReplyDelete