Thursday, September 30, 2010

A week of report cards and monthly tests!

This week has been a busy one! We had report cards due and the children all write a monthly test. So we have been busy assessing and commenting on each child, which after only a month of teaching is still pretty difficult to do. And then there are those kids that you have a hard time saying anything constructive about! You know the ones that you wish you could write, "Jimmy is an annoying distraction", but instead you write, "Jimmy is an energetic little boy who sometimes needs to remember to listen in class."  I seem to have "lucked out" and received all of the difficult children this semester. Not to say that I don't love them all, it actually seems the evil devil children are the ones I like best, but having every class filled with little shit disturbers is not an easy 10 hour day! 

I finally got back out on my bike last night for the first time since my fall. I went out to our usual training hill but only managed a measly 4 times up(as opposed to my 9 last time). I didn't want to push it too much since my leg is still recovering and is not completely healed yet. I finally slept through a full night last night too! I know it's because I haven't been working out enough and the nice workout I had helped. After my ride I did some exercises and some shadow boxing in my room. I have really been missing my boxing workouts as they were my only real stress release!!! 

This weekend a bunch of us from the office are going out for drinks and likely some karaoke. Should be an interesting time. As with any work place there is all kinds of drama and office politics going on. I plan to just sit back and watch as things get awkward for everyone! 

My buddy Nate and I have been hanging out a lot and I am really enjoying his company. He is the only person here that I feel really comfortable being myself with and I am glad to have that outlet. We have the same sort of philosophies on life so it makes it easier to know I have someone around who sees the world the same as I do,(not to mention a bike buddy and personal trainer!) 

Next week I finally get paid again! This whole getting paid once a month thing takes some getting used to! Even though I am making substantially more than I have in the past trying to budget my money for a whole month is proving to be a little difficult! I finally got my Korean bank account yesterday so I will be able to send some money back to Canada and start paying off some bills! I am pretty excited to be actually able to pay down loans and still have money to live!! Oh how growing up is fun!! 

Besides going out with the work crew Friday night, I plan on taking this weekend pretty easy. I am already tired of all the hustle and bustle of Seoul. While it is an amazing city, I am not a huge fan of city life in general! I miss the open spaces of Canada!!! So I will likely relax and do some more exploring on my bike! 


1 comment:

  1. Maybe you feel a little kinship with those those difficult children! I'm glad you got back on your bike though for a little workout.

    ReplyDelete