Sunday, September 19, 2010

A new love for Noreabangs

Another weekend in Suji and another great adventure. Friday night we went out for a staff dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant. The food was delicious and it was nice to get to hang out and talk with the Korean teachers because we are separated from them at school. Saturday was an early morning as we had to get up and drive an hour to Ilsan for a full day Poly school workshop, It was a long, long day. I found I didn't learn too much from the sessions, but I am sure some teachers benifited from it.

After we got back to Suji, a couple of us went out for some drinks. My fellow teacher, Nate, has friends here in town so we went down to a bar that one of them works at. After several drinks, and a few bottles of Soju, our Korean coworker Jake persuaded us to go to a Noreabang with him. The Noreabang is a Korean karaoke room. They are very popular with Koreans! It was amazing! One hour and all the songs you want in your own private room. Drinks are cheap and voices are terrible.



 We had a blast belting out some terrible american songs. Afterwards we had our first 'downtown' Suji club experience. We were the only ones there but it had beer, foosball and a dance floor so I was pretty happy!! All summed up it was a good night of bonding with the coworkers! The headache this morning was not quite as much fun!!

This week is going to be a nice one, it's Chuseok, Korean thanksgiving so we only have to work Monday and Friday! I am excited for a nice break! I am planning on just staying close to Suji but I am going to bike into Seoul one day and then head up to Suwon (the next closest town) to check out a Fortress there and explore the city. It will be a nice cheap holiday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I spent a lot of Fri and Sat nights in university doing the same thing. I bet some of the songs are still the same. The singing was bad but lots of fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete