Friday, February 12, 2010

Pumped for the weekend!

Ah I finally made it back to boxing last night! And boy was it fun! Everytime I take a break from it and go back I realize how much I love it! No matter how good of shape you are in, boxing is always hard! I always feel better when I leave the club drenched in sweat.

Work was a little rough today. I let a coworker get under my skin and it ruined most of the day for me. After work I went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff to make for my lunch tomorrow. I will be up bright and early to go ice climbing for the day. I am really excited to learn! I will post some pictures hopefully when I get home.

So Valentines Day this weekend. Not one of my favorite holidays. I'm not just saying that because I happen to be single this year(although I might add it sure makes me dislike it more), but I think it's kind of a ridiculous commercial holiday. However, it does make me a little sad. I'm 25 and live alone and sometimes it gets pretty lonely. Friends can only help so much. Don't get me wrong, I have some amazing friends, but there are times when not even friends can help the feeling that you are all alone. It's hard to learn to be alone and be happy. I guess it comes with getting older, but it sure isn't easy! I've been chatting with a friend of mine who is a successful Press Secretary in Ottawa and it blows me away how we both feel so vulnerable sometimes. I often find myself envious of her life. She has an amazing career doing what she loves and lives a fabulous life. But despite all of her success, she is just as lonely as me at times. Why is it that no matter what we have, or what we have achieved, we just can't seem to ever be happy with ourselves?

It's something I struggle with daily, the thought that I should be happy with myself and my life. I must admit, I am much happier than I have been in previous years. Ever since I decided to invest my time into getting healthy and fit, I am much more content with being me, but at the same time I feel like I need to continually change aspects of my life to make myself happy. Maybe it's that I get bored to easily? Who knows?!

So on my quest to make myself happy, I gave away my shift for tomorrow so I can go on an ice climbing adventure! My new outlook on life makes me try things that scare me that my old self never would have even considered! Here's hoping I can rock the ice climbing!!

1 comment: