Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring is coming!

It has been a few days since I have written a post, meaning, I haven't worked out since last Thursday! Needless to say I had a busy weekend of work and couldn't find the time to get a workout in. Today was different however, the weather was beautiful today, +4 and sunny, so on my walk home from school I decided today would be a great day to head outside for a run instead of hitting the gym. Boy am I glad I did! I haven't run outside since the fall and today reminded me of how much I enjoy a good run outside! Being outside in the fresh air all alone is much more relaxing then running on a treadmill in a gym filled with people. I ran for 25 minutes today, I always like to ease into my outdoor runs, the pavement is much harder on my muscles than a treadmill. So as not to miss out on my usual intense workout, I did some exercises when I got home as well. Burpees, pushups, jumping squats, paired with various ab exercises = a great little workout.

I'll be back to boxing tomorrow night and I'm hoping for another great workout. I've only got a few more months until my birthday and bikini season! Got to shape up!

No comments:

Post a Comment